Fire Retardant Covers
Reef Industries, Inc. offers numerous fire retardant materials to meet environmental compliance or safety requirements for critical equipment and work areas. From lightweight to heavy-duty products, Reef Industries can meet your requirements with a fire-retardant cover material specifically tailored to your application.
All of our fire retardant covers are fire-rated and pass NFPA 701 Large Scale "Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Flame-Resistant Textiles and Films" and most have Class I / Class A Flame Spread rating per UBC-42 and ASTM E-84.
Quality assurance testing is conducted by a certified independent laboratory in order to ensure all fire retardant covers meet the necessary safety requirements and those products are made of the finest quality materials.
If required, covers can be labeled with fire retardant information such as the fire retardant specification and designation. Fire retardant grades are reinforced with a high-strength cord grid to resist tearing. Our fire-resistant tarps and covers are readily available and easily customizable for your application.
Telecommunication Equipment Covers
Reef Industries, Inc. manufactures equipment covers designed to protect telecommunication devices against dust, water and other substances typically associated with malfunctions and failures.
Griffolyn® equipment covers, such as our Griffolyn® Type 55ASFR, meet even the most stringent requirements. This product is both anti-static for solid-state equipment applications and fire retardant to meet safety codes around critical equipment and work areas.
As with all the Reef materials, our fire retardant grades are internally reinforced to resist puncture and tear propagation. From lightweight to heavy-duty products, Reef Industries can meet your requirements with a material specifically tailored for your application.
Griffolyn® equipment covers provide durable protection year round and are available in standard sheet configurations or custom fabricated designs.
Fire Retardant Covers Features
Properties to Meet Most Requirements
- Lightweight grades for shorter-term applications
- UV-stabilized grades when a long-outdoor life is required
- Heat shrinkable for special containment requirements
- Anti-static grade if required for use around electronics and solid-state equipment
- Colors available for color-coding, designate safety areas, block or reflect light
Ideal for the Following Applications
- Refueling & Maintenance Outage
- Power plant outages
- Vapor retarders
- Crawl spaces
- FME covers
- Outdoor storage and shipping covers
- Building enclosure and wind breaks
- Plant dividers and dust partitions
- Custom bags and tubing
Readily Available to Meet Your Schedule
- Several stock sizes available for immediate shipment
- Can be made to meet your exact size requirements
- Custom fabrication includes reinforced grommets, hook and loop, fasteners, webbing, or a variety of other options
Griffolyn® Type-55asfr Various Uses
- Serves as a dust partition during building additions and renovation work
- Used as an emergency cover to have on hand to protect sensitive equipment from water damage during storms and fires
- Used as a drain tarp to catch water when roof repair is not an option
Readily Available to Meet Your Needs
- Several stock sizes for immediate shipment
- Custom covers can be manufactured to meet your exact requirements
- Custom fabrication includes reinforced grommets, drain bungs with ½" hose connectors, hook and loop or a variety of other options
- Anti-static for solid-state equipment applications
- Fire retardant to meet safety codes around critical equipment and work areas
- Fire retardant and static resistivity specifications are printed on the product for quick identification
- Tear-resistant to maintain continuous containment
- Weather proof tarp
- Lightweight for ease of handling
ARMORLON® AT-300 FR
AT-300 FR is a heavy duty PVC laminated polyester scrim product with taffeta embossed finish. The material is fire retardant and weather resistant with a high tensile strength.
GRIFFOLYN® TYPE-90 FR
Griffolyn® Type-90 FR is a 5-ply laminate combining three layers of fire retardant, linear low density polyethylene and two high-strength cord grids. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
GRIFFOLYN® TX-1200 FR
Griffolyn® TX-1200 FR is a 3-ply laminate combining two layers of linear low density polyethylene and a high-strength cord grid. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
ARMORLON® AT-175 FR
Armorlon® Type-175 FR is a fire retardant PVC coated scrim material. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
ARMORLON® AT-195 FR
Armorlon® Type-195 FR is a fire retardant PVC coated scrim material. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
GRIFFOLYN® TYPE-55 ASFR
Griffolyn® Type-55 ASFR is a 3-ply laminate combining two layers of antistatic fire retardant, linear low density polyethylene film and a high- strength cord grid. It is specifically engineered to provide antistatic fire retardant performance in a durable lightweight material.